The Campo to me seems like city living whereas Trestevere seems to be where someone would raise a family, have a small home that was comfortable and cute. Have a narrow backyard with tall trees. Granted this is the case for the entire area, but a bit deeper into the city I saw what I imagined to be homes, there is a small chance that it was a business with a home exterior but who am I to judge? With color, churches on every corner, and enough fountains to satisfy anyone, what's not to love about Trestevere.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Assignment #6: Trastevere
I love Trestevere, but really what isnt there to love about this country side town. I wouldn't exactly describe it as country side anymore but maybe back in the day. Now I look as see elaborately colored buildings, yellows, browns, reds, bricks, its such a beautiful area. I took a few twists and turns earlier this week and found myself a bit lost amongst the tall, colorful buildings. The roads, in the familiar cobblestone seem a bit more straight and flat compared to the Campo. The people seem to move a bit slower and smile more often. The food seemed to even taste better and the drinks seemed bigger. Ok, at this point I think it might just be my imagination grabbing me and convincing me of things to justify my love for this neighborhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment